Humidity And Allergens

Whenever there’s increased humidity in your property, it’s likely that allergens are thriving in the environment. Allergens are caused by microorganisms that are known to distress the lungs or skin as well as cause several health issues like:

  • Wheezing
  • Coughing
  • Sneezing
  • Hives
  • Hay fever
  • Watery eyes
  • Clogged or runny nose
  • Excessive scratching and an intense urge to itch
  • Breathing difficulties
  • Respiratory problems

Two of the most common allergens that are brought about by moisture are mold and dry rot. Fungal microorganisms found in both sources grow in dark, damp and humid spaces, but each attacks your property differently. Common house molds can grow on any surface and are categorized into three classes

  • Allergenic – Induces the symptoms of asthma and allergies. Very problematic for people with these health problems.
  • Pathogenic – Harmful for individuals with weak or compromised immune systems. Pathogenic molds are known to cause hypersensitivity pneumonitis and can grow in the lungs.
  • Toxigenic – The most life-threatening of the three. Spores are coated in mycotoxin: a toxic substance that causes cancer.

On the other hand, dry rot is a fungal decay that develops on wood and comes in two types: white rot and brown rot. Dry rot can make wood feel brittle and look aged, causing wooden beams and walls to soften and collapse.

Make Your Environment Healthy Again with OX Foundation Solutions, LLC

Although mold and dry rot can impact the structure of your property, their presence is a detriment to your health. Their spores can travel in the air and be unknowingly inhaled or ingested by your household. To avoid the dangers of allergens, you need to control or eliminate the moisture level in your property. However, this is easier said than done and you will probably need an expert to effectively deal with the allergens. If you want to address your moisture problem professionally, contact OX Foundation Solutions, LLC for help.

Our company offers several services to reduce moisture and address the damaged caused by dust mites, mold and dry rot. We are armed with the proper equipment to ensure that the entire procedure goes smoothly. Our technicians are fully licensed and certified, and are ready to provide you with excellent customer care. Give us a call at 205-730-0733and get a free estimate today. Our services are available to properties in the Greater Birmingham, Alabama areas.