Mold Spores Prevention in Greater Birmingham, AL
Keeping your homes dry may be hard work, but the positive effects can last a lifetime. Everyone wants to live in a dry comfortable home and getting rid of the moisture in your basement or crawl space is important for preventing the occurrence of mold and mildew.
Mold and mildew are organisms which are usually undetected by the human eye. Though it does appear to be harmless, having it manifest in your home can be very dangerous. Mildew is a type of fungus which consists of hyphae, or fungal filaments and mold can come in one of these three most common types:
- Pathogenic Mold
- Allergenic Mold
- Toxic Mold (black mold)
These microorganisms are not the fastest beings alive, but they do spread dangerous spores which, if inhaled and constantly exposed to, cause various health issues and symptoms, such as:
- Runny Nose
- Respiratory Problems (e.g. difficulty breathing, tightening of the chest, and wheezing)
- Incessant Coughing and Sneezing
- Sore Throat
- Skin Allergies
- Lung Cancer
Sadly, a lot of homeowners turn a blind eye when it comes to the presence of mold and mildew, and by the time they are faced with the troublesome consequences, it is already too late.
Tips on Preventing the Spreading of Spores
- Check Your Home for Leaks, Floor & Wall Cracks, and Ground Water Seepage
- Inspect the Cleanliness Levels of Your Ventilation System and Ductwork
- Use Antimicrobial Spray when Cleaning Mold Infested Areas
- Thoroughly Dry the Areas that Are Often Exposed to Water
- Consider Installing a Vapor Barrier in Your Basement or Crawl Space
- Most Importantly: Install a Dehumidification System in Your Basement or Crawl Space
We, at OX Foundation Solutions LLC., know how much damage mold and mildew can create. Give us a call at: 205-730-0733 or visit our contact us page, so that we can help you get rid of these dangerous organisms, even before they show up. With the help of our services such as sump pump systems, basement waterproofing, and various moisture control products, your home will be a safe environment for you and your family.